Transient Rental shall mean any unit or group of units in a condominium or cooperative or any individually or collectively owned single-family, two-family, three-family, or four-family house or dwelling unit that is rented to Transient Occupants for periods of six months or less, or which is advertised or held out to the public as a place rented to Transient Occupants, including, but not limited to, Vacation Rentals.
To Submit an Application
Effective July 19, 2021, the City of Lighthouse Point has partnered with Host Compliance to process all Transient Rental applications (including renewals and modifications). All applications and renewals will be submitted directly to Host Compliance.
The following items will be required to submit your application:
- Application filled out in entirety (I, R, M). You can view the application here.
- Credit Card Payment (I, R, M)
- Proof of Ownership (i.e.: Recorded Deed of BCPA Page) (I, R, M)
- Proof of Registration with the Florida Department of Revenue for Sales Tax, or proof that no sales tax collection is required for the use (I, R, M)
- Proof of Registration with the Broward County for the Tourist Development Tax (I, R, M)
- Proof of Licensure with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation for Transit Public Lodging Establishment (I, R, M)
- Copy of form of Transient Rental Agreement (I, R, M)
- Exterior Sketch (Drawn to scale: all structures, pools, fencing, off-street parking spaces, and trash containers) (I, M)
- Interior Sketch (Drawn to scale: floor plan, bedrooms/sleeping rooms (numbered), exits, smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers) (I, M)
- Fire Extinguisher Inspection Certificate (I, R, M)
- Hard-Wired Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detector, Permitted through the Building Department and Inspection Certificate provided (I, R, M)
I- Inital Application, R- Renewal, M- Modification
Certificate of Compliance
The owner is required to obtain an annual Transient Rental Certificate of Compliance for each dwelling unit prior to renting any dwelling unit as a Transient Rental. A Transient Rental Certificate of Compliance is nontransferable. A transfer of ownership of a Transient Rental shall require the new owner to obtain a new Transient Rental Certificate for the Transient Rental.
- One person per one hundred fifty (150) gross square feet of permitted, air-conditioned living space.
- Two persons per bedroom, as the term bedroom is defined in the Florida Building Code
- In the RS-3 and RS-5 zoning districts, the maximum occupancy shall be limited to eight Transient Occupants per Transient Rental. In all other zoning districts and developments predominantly developed with greater than two-family dwelling units, the maximum occupancy shall be limited to sixteen (16) Transient Occupants per Transient Rental.
Listed in numeric order, by address. Transient Rental Certificates issued through November 2021 (PDF)